My nephew Isaiah (aka Zae) and I

My nephew Isaiah (aka Zae) and I

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Semi-Finalist!!!!

So if you haven't already seen in my million faceboook posts, I have been in a contest which is promoting Mobility Awareness Month to win an adapted vehicle. The contest ran for 43 days with a steady enrollment. Over 1,600 people submitted their stories of needs for a van, my story being one of them. In order to be a semi-finalist and further considered for one of the vehicle, you had to be within the top 10 percent of voters. They really had no idea how many people would join the contest so they had no way of tracking who was in the top 10 percent because the more people joined, the more people that were in the top 10 percent. Let me tell you I was amazed at how many people I had behind me and supporting me in this contest. I cannot even say enough thanks and will dedicate an entire post to that so be on the lookout.

So what is next?

Since I made it to the top 10 percent, an individual committee is reviewing our profiles. And to my understanding they will make the decision from there as to who they give the three vans to.

I go through moments of completely thinking I got this and other moments of I've never will win this. It's actually an awesome picture of giving all of my control and hopes to God rather than trying to control it myself. I literally can't do anything else to help in the decision making but pray. I know I have put this up before I'll remind myself: "11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 NIV


God has it all planned out and I need to rest in that promise.


I'll keep you all up to date. Thanks for your votes.
Bek

No comments:

Post a Comment