My nephew Isaiah (aka Zae) and I

My nephew Isaiah (aka Zae) and I

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wheels & Writin'


Over the past 6 months I haven't written much in my blog. One reason being, I didn't have a personal laptop - the other being I was on a journey.
*cute dramatic voice* I was on an epic quest. I have always loved writing and not long after graduating college decided
To start a blog. I am going to be rich and famous through this blog - I decided but with little direction. So I needed to figure out what the focus on my blog would be.

(This isn't a bad thing, mind you. Direction and definition are key components to a life.)
In my mind, it needed to be important, special, uber-spiritual, and ultra famous. You know what I ended up doing on this journey? Nothing. Yup absolutely nothing. I pretended to be contemplating my ultimate purpose but really I just was not writing. Reading other blogs for sure but not my own. I wanted to be the subject-matter-expert on something but I didn't know what. I wanted to wow and bedazzle people with my wit. I didn't want to fail or have an unread blog. So I had a non-blog. A pretend place where I could look at it occasionally and be like-" seem, I write sometimes."

Really my blog did have a focus with the title I gave it but I pretended to want to write more than just being in a wheelchair because I am more than just a person in a wheelchair. Yet God has given me great passion and desire that He has placed me in a wheelchair in life to share His story and how much my physical weakness is a picture of how our human race weakness is in need of His great strength and grace. Why should I try and find some other niche to write about like baking or something else I clearly can't do. (P.s. there is nothing wrong with baking blogs - I love them and what people create from them) But I am officially embracing my wheels and writin' focus and moving forward. It encompasses so much off my life that I promise it won't just be, "so…. today I wheeled out of my room and my left wheel fell off!" So here I go troking, wheeling, rolling, strolling, sitting, and all the other words I can possibly use AND loving life!!

Come journey with me if you choose!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your posts! Jill and I are "troking" right along with you sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you bekers!! Can't wait to read more and of course learn more!

    ReplyDelete