My nephew Isaiah (aka Zae) and I

My nephew Isaiah (aka Zae) and I

Friday, May 11, 2012

Series: 10 lame Questions

So I've come up with a focus to the blog - aka living and loving life in a wheelchair. I am constantly saying "failing to plan is to planning to fail." And this is kind of what I have been doing with my blog and that changes today. I am reading this new blogger, Jeff Goins, and really like his feedback and suggestions on how to grow as a writer Last night I was also thinking this through and realized beyond the focus of living and loving life in a wheelchair to inform and bring about awareness to others of what it is like to live in the wheels of me. I needed a series to keep my focus and hopefully capture an audience.

So , I came up with "10 lame questions." And yes that is supposed to be funny.

They are two common reactions people portray when they begin to become my friend. Often times either they choose to not ask any questions for a long time and basically until I bring it up. The second reaction or response I get is the asking tons, some may be inappropriate questions about how I shower, get into cars, and what I have (often times when this question is asked, I want to say I have wheelchair!). What response do I appreciate more? Hmmm...I would say it tends to depend on the situation but most of the time, the second response.

Ultimately these questions are going to be asked whether I've known you for 5 minutes or 5 years. I still have my friends who have known me forever asking these questions so maybe it's better to just ask them at the beginning. I mean it makes for a heck of an icebreaker which I think can cause for a closer relationship.
What question has been bugging you since knowing me and let me answer it!! I have the first couple planned but open to suggestions and questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment